Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Where can I go into the wilderness to camp?

A backwoods getaway. Remote, no people or rangers (very few, if any). Somewhere with a lake or river, preferrably. A bare-essentials trip. Somewhere I won't be bothered, legality it not a big issue. I live in NY, and am willing to drive no more than 12 hours to get there. Thanks.Where can I go into the wilderness to camp?
I've never had a problem finding remote backwoods getaways near a lake or river in New York state. Plus Pennsylvania and Vermont are loaded with remote places, many with lakes %26amp; rivers and should also be well within the 12 hour driving time.

Pick up a New York "topo"map atlas to begin your research.



http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?in鈥?/a>
roosterpoot arkansasWhere can I go into the wilderness to camp?
Kangaroo valey

No comments:

Post a Comment