Monday, March 12, 2012

I need some help please! How do I go about measuring a dry resin grandulars in ounces out in the wilderness?

I do not have alot of measuring supplies with me--cand I measure this resin with a teaspoon set? How do I go about measuring 0.9 ounces? Pls let me know---I'm doing candle making over a fire pit. ThanksI need some help please! How do I go about measuring a dry resin grandulars in ounces out in the wilderness?
Roughly 10 pennies = 1 ounce.



Take a half-full cup of water and submerge your 10 pennies. Mark where the water-line had risen to.



Remove the pennies and submerge your best-guess amound of resin. Add or remove resin granules until the wate-line reaches where the pennies were marked...



If the resin floats, then tie a pebble to it - just remember to drop that same pebble in the cup with the pennies and mark the new water level.



Deion "Mule" ChristopherI need some help please! How do I go about measuring a dry resin grandulars in ounces out in the wilderness?
That depends on whether you mean ounces as weight or volume. Volume is easier. Two tablespoons to the ounce, three teaspoons to the tablespoon. You might try two scant tablespoons. For 0.9 oz of weight, you may have to build yourself a balance and use coins as your weights. Or you could do what I used to do and pre-measure your materials before you go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment