Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ideas for a Wilderness themed classroom?

I am decorating my first grade classroom, and I think I am going to go with a wilderness theme. Any ideas for bulletin boards, cute sayings for a good work wall, or something to put on the door? Any other neat ideas are appreciated.



Thanks!Ideas for a Wilderness themed classroom?
I am a secondary teacher and I really hate bulletin boards and decor, but I do have a few ideas for you in that you can decorate with pressed leaves and wild flowers. Also you might go to one of the hs for old biology textbooks and use the pictures from them.Ideas for a Wilderness themed classroom?
First graders need lots of reinforcement and they need to use as many senses as possible in their learning. Unless wilderness is one of their curriculum theme units I wouldn't do it. Make something around the first topic they will be studying -- usually back to school or autumn. You could make a

"learning tree" and have a big autumn leaf for each child with his picture and name on it. You

need to post the days of the week, the months of the year (with their birthdays) the alphabet,

numbers, etc. School supply stores sell borders with this info on them. Maybe you could find some with outdoor type pictures or animals on them. You could put a fake wreath on the door with autumn colors, and then a "Welcome to our class" sign with your name and the kids' names.
  • raw food
  • mortal kombat dlc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment