Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Where can me and my woman go to rent some horses and take off into the wilderness?

I am trying to find a place maybe in Colorado or somewhere else with beautiful scenery that me and my woman can go rent some horses, and just take off into the woods/wilderness without having a guide following us the whole time. We basically just want to rent horses and ride where ever we want and do some camping, then after we are done return the horses and go on our way.Where can me and my woman go to rent some horses and take off into the wilderness?
Colorado ranch in colorado springsWhere can me and my woman go to rent some horses and take off into the wilderness?
I doubt you are going to find anyone who is going to let you take off into the woods with their stock. It would be very difficult to find some one you don't know who would trust you to take care of the animals.



Possibly buy the animals you need and then sell them when you are done, even if it's for a big loss it's probably less than the rental charge would be. Another option is to do a spot trip, this is where the packer delivers you to a spot, takes the stock and leaves, then returns at a designated time and packs you out. On this kind of trip the packer is only there during the ride in and out.



Over 35 years experience packing/backpacking experience, more than a 1,000 nights in the back country.
  • cool games for girls
  • superchips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment