Friday, February 24, 2012

How do people survive in the wilderness?

How would you survive in the forest? What would you eat? What would you make for shelter?How do people survive in the wilderness?
I am trained in outdoor survival...and if I was lost, and I would never be lost without a knife, waterproof matches, a whistle and a dirty mag (kidding)



I would make a shelter out of evergreens, something that would be water proof, and many layers of evergreen branches does just that.



I would find a place that was near a stream or water....

Cedar is a natural bug repellent...so I would try and be near cedar trees if possible (I know region) :)



I would eat berries, mushrooms (I know a few kinds that are not poisonous, but I don't even think about the ones that resemble poisonous ones....some look the same) I would eat some roots, there are many roots that are edible.



I would keep a fire lite and would stay dry....I couldn't imagine how I would be lost for more then a day or so. Birch bark burns really smoky...good for if people are looking for you.



:) I would probably lose a few pounds lol
XXX-THIS IS NOT A BARBEQUE MISSION...

Report Abuse

How do people survive in the wilderness?
do your own damn homework oscar!!!! haha lol jk jk
If the area is big enough there should be enough food. Use natural resources to make tools, there should be enough material to make the neccesary. Study survival books for the area concerned for what to eat. Shelter? Cave, build a hut, whatever the circumstances.
Google the word "Rubicon", not the jeep but the style of person. There's a site that tells you all about it. I just use my Ka-bar knife, ruger 10/22 and some cord to get me through those weeks of wilderness. Invest in a military survival manual and some magnesium strikers for fire.
by being prepared and know what you're doing.



I don't. So I don't venture out there to begin with. I'm never more than 200 yards from my car, which is never too far from a road.



If I wanted to get lost and survive in a forest on purpose, I would bring my survival bag (not the BoB bag), a plastic bag of survival manuals, some really expensive ammo and my .22lr rifle.



Every I do will be learned from the manuals, without them I will certainly die.



My food will be berries or plants, the meat can be obtained from a river or by killing with my .22lr. I can build a trap to trap small animals. I have one of those nice magnesium lighters to light fires to cook food



My shelter will be made from trees or existing semi-structures (like a cave or something).



My survival bag contains almost 400$ of stuff that is designed to aid my chances of survival in a semi-urban or wild environment. It contains food, clothing, some tools, maps, compass and a small first aid kit.

I have a BoB bag which is designed as pack-up-and-leave bag, which is different since that one is for relocation and survival, not just survival. Its much heavier and bigger to move around.

No comments:

Post a Comment