Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Should a guy wear boxers or briefs when going out into the wilderness?

My wife and I are planning on doing some primitive backwoods camping and I was wondering if I should wear boxers or briefs on this outing. Boxers are cool and comfortable, but can cause chafing and irritation in particular areas. But, briefs can be constricting and don't breathe as well as boxers, which can also cause chafing in other areas. I'm kinda hefty if it makes any difference. 5'11" 230lbs.

Any ideas or suggestions?Should a guy wear boxers or briefs when going out into the wilderness?
Oversize boxers. I used briefs in an extended hiking/ camping trip and wound up having to go without because of the seams digging in places they should not have. The briefs, oversized did very well to not irritate anything.
I would have to say boxers only because, You can use them as shorts, You can rinse them out, or swim in them, and they dry out fast, and also if you will be away from a shower you want something that gives you airflow. 100% cotton is the only way to go because it's the only fabric that really breathes. Plus guys look kinda cute when they jump out of the tent to grab something and they are wearing nothing but boxers and hiking boots not laced!- MollyShould a guy wear boxers or briefs when going out into the wilderness?
What ever is most comfortable for you. Use some baby powder, it`ll make all the difference. How about boxer briefs? They also make underwear for hiking, I know ex officio makes them, the briefs are high breathable and light and the boxers are really light and comfortable.



http://www.backcountry.com/store/group/1鈥?/a>
Considering you'll be outdoors, then I would suggest briefs.

Not because of comfort but because you don't want anything going up your trousers and biting you.
Hanes boxer briefs are very nice along with the Under armor short boxer brief. Stay away from jockey brand!! very uncomfortable.
Either one is just as good. boxers are comfortable. Both are good for toilet paper if you run out.
ROFLMAO
Boxers. In a pinch they can double as shorts.
I always go commando.
Invest in boxer briefs.They combine the best of both worlds.
Buy a man- skirt and go commando for crying out loud
I would get good shorts and go Commando
Your choice, but if you can find any that are NON Cotton.

Those are hard to find for men and can be expensive, but well worth it.

Look for the word "Dry" as in 'stay-dry' or something.



I get my Russell Stay-Dry socks at Costco 13 bucks for 12 pair. - - Cheap!

I wear them summer and winter, they wear well and are super soft.

On a backpack we got caught in some late spring snow, my shoes and socks were SOAKED, I should have had icicles for feet.

I didn't know they were even wet, until I went to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment