Friday, February 24, 2012

I plan on living in the wilderness when I move out. Can anyone tell me the up sides and down sides?

No critics please. I just need to know the upsides and downsides. IN A POLITE WAY! This has been one of my life long dreams. I want to make this happen. I know there will be a lot of downsides though. First of all what could I do for a profession if I'm so far away from town? Also what could I do about going to get the grocerys or going shopping? I want to be able to stay in the wilderness with beautiful mountains and streams. It does sound far fetched but anything is possible. Can anyone help me figure out the solutions to these downsides?I plan on living in the wilderness when I move out. Can anyone tell me the up sides and down sides?
Not sure what you mean by wilderness. My definition of wilderness is: No phones, electricity, plumbing, roads, buildings. I'm sure you don't mean that.



I have spent three summers in the above wilderness. Each summer I saw no more then 3 people all summer long. So one of the downsides is you need to be able to do everything yourself since you have no friends and or neighbors to call on for help.



Groceries? I had to hike (on mountain trails) 12 miles before I got to the nearest road and my car. So took one day out and one day back just to get groceries. Plus I had to carry it all on my back. This meant lots of dried food. Not to mention extensive planning. If you forgot something you did without for the next 3-4 weeks.



Profession?? I have no idea other then a writer or something like that.



I would recommend that you first choose a place close to wilderness. Somewhere near a small town where you're minutes away from the wilderness you describe. Life in this situation is hard enough. (I've also lived in a very rural area where the nearest neighbor was 1/4 mile down the road, grocery store was 13 miles away.) Then you will have time to adjust and get a feel for what it would be like.
Do you mean living in the wilderness, like actually LIVING IN the woods? Like with a sleeping bag or a tent?



Or do you mean, like, living in a cabin in the middle of nowhere??I plan on living in the wilderness when I move out. Can anyone tell me the up sides and down sides?
That is pretty far fetched...What is your plan? What makes you happy? What can you do? Living in the wilderness means no shopping. Can you live without your favorite Gucci?

Frankly, if it has been a lifelong dream. I would suggest working in a bed and breakfast in the middle of the woods until you become financially independant or find a sugar daddy. That way you have access to the outdoors, but still have the other niceties of society.
  • cheesecake factory locations
  • battlefield bad company
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment